Week nine might not be the biggest of boxing weeks, but still plenty of competitive-ish fights and names in action. This is the kind of week that will likely decide the season. Make sure you get your picks in!
This week’s action includes: Jack Asis vs Malcolm Klassen, Alejandro Luna vs Stephen Ormond and David Benavidez vs Denis Douglin on Friday as well as Maurice Hooker vs Ty Barnett, Andre Ward vs Alexander Brand, Dante Jardon vs Nery Saguilan, and a bit more on Saturday.
Nowhere near as big as weeks 7 and 8, but this will be a very good week for strategic picking. Definitely chances to gain ground on the overall leaders.
Yup yup yup…”Let’s get it get it get it!”
For those that haven’t played before, welcome to the best pick’em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules – we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names (which you can leave out). The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post – it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / method of victory – Malcolm Klassen vs Jack Asis (2:00pm EDT Friday, August 5th)
1. Klassen to win – risk 8 points to win 2.
2. Klassen by stoppage – 3.5 points to win 6.5
3. Klassen by decision – risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
4. Asis to win – risk 2 points to win 8.
B. Pick the winner – Alejandro Luna vs Stephen Ormond (9:00pm EDT Friday, August 5th)
1. Luna to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Ormond to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
C. Pick the winner / method of victory – David Benavidez vs Denis Douglin (9:00pm EDT Saturday, August 5th)
1. Benavidez to win – risk 9 points to win 1.
2. Benavidez by stoppage – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Benavidez by decision – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5
4. Douglin to win – risk 1 to win 9.
D. Pick the winner – Maurice Hooker vs Ty Barnett (9:30pm EDT Saturday, August 6th)
1. Hooker to win – risk 6.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Barnett to win – risk 1.5 points to win 6.5.
E. Pick the winner – pick the winner / method of victory – Andre Ward vs Alexander Brand (10:30pm EDT Saturday, August 6th)
1. Ward to win – risk 11.5 points to win 0.5
2. Ward by stoppage – risk 3.5 points to win 8.5.
3. Ward by decision – risk 8 points to win 4.
4. Brand to win – risk 0.5 points to win 11.5
F. Will there be a knockdown – Andre Ward vs Alexander Brand (10:30pm EDT Saturday, August 6th)
1. There will be a knockdown – risk 4 points to win 4
2. There will be no knockdown – risk 4 points to win 4
G. Pick the winner – Dante Jardon vs Nery Saguilan (11:00pm EDT Saturday, August 6th)
1. Jardon to win – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Saguilan to win – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
H. Will favorites win / lose– Juan Diaz, Trevor McCumby, Egor Mekhentsev (11:00pm EDT Saturday, August 6th)
1. All favorites will win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Any favorite will lose or draw – risk 3 points to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Klassen to win without using a double or triple…
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Ormond to win…
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Benavidez to win…
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass…
Source:: Bad Left Hook