By Wil Esco
Chris Eubank Sr. continues to taunt Billy Joe Saunders over a rematch with his son.
A war or words has once again erupted between WBO middleweight titlist Billy Joe Saunders and the Eubanks (particularly with Chris Eubank Sr.). Eubank Sr. has been busy trying to goad Saunders into facing his son in a rematch, but that doesn’t appear to be a top priority for Saunders at the moment.
Saunders handed Eubank Jr. his lone defeat in a 2014 split decision. And speaking on a potential rematch, Eubank Sr. tweets about Saunders:
— Christopher Eubank (@ChrisEubank) August 22, 2016
After a number of other tweets taking aim at Saunders, the middleweight titilist decided to post a video to address then whole situation.
— billyjoesaunders (@bjsaunders_) August 23, 2016
In the video above Saunders says,”Your son has been offered the fight with me twice. And considering he’s not even European champion, I reckon £800,000 and £900,000…was very good money considering he’s only British champion. I’m sure other people would jump at the chance to earn that sort of money and he turned it down twice – let alone the Golovkin fight, where he probably would have earned a million quid.”
“Stop talking shit to get your son talked about. He’s already said he wants to defend his British title and win it outright and I’m certainly not going back down to British level.”
Saunders continues by saying he’s willing to give the Eubanks an 80-20 split in his favor because he’s the champion and because Eubank Jr. is a “loser” in his eye while also saying that he’s looking towards bigger fights, including facing Gennady Golovkin within his next couple of outings.
Saunders has not defended his WBO title since winning it against Andy Lee in late 2015. Since then he’s pulled out of a fight against Max Bursak with a hand injury and outright declined to face Gabriel Rosado on the Canelo-Smith undercard.
Source:: Bad Left Hook