By Scott Christ
The 13th day of Olympic boxing in Rio will feature the men’s light heavyweight gold medal match.
We’re nearing the end of the journey in Rio, with just a few days of boxing left. Today, we’ll see semifinal fights for the women’s flyweights, men’s bantamweights, and men’s middleweights, and a gold medal match at men’s light heavyweight between the clear two best fighters we’ve seen in that division.
Women’s flyweight (51kg) – Semifinals
- 1:00 pm: Nicola Adams (Great Britain) vs Cancan Ren (China)
- 1:15 pm: Ingrid Valencia (Colombia) vs Sarah Ourahmoune (France)
Men’s bantamweight (56kg) – Semifinals
- 1:30 pm: Vladimir Nikitin (Russia) vs Shakur Stevenson (United States)
- Note: Stevenson (USA) will receive a walkover win against Nikitin (RUS), due to injuries suffered by Nikitin in prior bouts.
- 1:45 pm: Robeisy Ramírez (Cuba) vs Murodjon Akhmadaliev (Uzbekistan)
Men’s middleweight (75kg) – Semifinals
- 2:00 pm: Arlen López (Cuba) vs Kamran Shakhsuvarly (Azerbaijan)
- 2:15 pm: Misael Rodríguez (México) vs Bektemier Melikuziev (Uzbekistan)
Men’s light heavyweight (81kg) – FINAL
- 2:30 pm: Julio César la Cruz (Cuba) vs Adilbek Niyazymbetov (Kazakhstan)
Source:: Bad Left Hook