By Steph Kent
The top 10 moments of trash talk leading up to The Money Fight.
All signs point to a disappointing fight Saturday night, but Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor’s fighting words have been epic. Both athletes have shown off their mouths all summer long. Read on for the ten best moments of smack talk leading up to Mayweather-McGregor (and if you’re hungry for more, feel free to cough up 99 cents to get Conor McGregor’s best lines in your pocket).
1. “He’s in a fucking track suit. He can’t even afford a suit anymore.” -Conor McGregor
2. “I’m the IRS and I’m gonna tax your ass.” -Floyd Mayweather
3. “He looks good for a seven-figure fighter. He looks good for an eight-figure fighter. But mother-fucker, I’m a nine-figure fighter.” -Floyd Mayweather
4. “What the fuck is he wearing? You’re 40 years of age. Dress your fucking age.” -Conor McGregor
5. “God don’t make mistakes and God only made one thing perfect. And that’s my boxing record.” -Floyd Mayweather
6. “His head is too small. I bounce heads off the canvas.” – Conor McGregor
7. “I’m an old man. I’m not even the same man I was twenty years ago. I’m not the same fighter I was ten years ago, I’m not the same fighter I was five years ago. I’m not the same fighter I was two years ago… But I got enough to beat you.” -Floyd Mayweather
Mayweather and McGregor elevated the trash talk game so much that they didn’t actually need to, well, talk. In the top three moments in our list, the fighters let their actions do the talking.
8. McGregor’s Instagram shade has been strong throughout training camp…
9. …But Floyd took Conor’s trademark Irish flag for a spin.
10. “Fuck you.” -Conor McGregor’s suit
Source:: Bad Left Hook