Canelo Alvarez convinced he won first fight with Gennady Golovkin

By Wil Esco

The middleweights are scheduled to rematch on May 5.

Although a majority of fans and media believe that Gennady Golovkin deserved to win their controversial draw last year, Canelo Alvarez stands adamant that he really won that fight. Here’s what he said to sdpnoticias.com via WBN.

“I’ve seen it like 10 times, I think I made it a big fight. I won the fight by two points,” Canelo told sdpnoticias.com

”I think that to making it more convincing I just have to throw more punches and nothing else. We are planning to concentrate before the fight in the mountains of Colorado to get in the best condition.”

Canelo went on to say that he’ll be training harder this time around to leave no doubt about who’s the better fighter, and expects that the rematch will be an easier task than the first bout. And with Canelo still only 27 years old, and Golovkin hitting 36 by the time the rematch takes place, it’s not difficult to see why Canelo would be exuding confidence.

The Mexican star also believes there’s a good chance that there will be a third fight with Golovkin, but says we’ll just have to see how this second one plays out before any firm plans can be made.

Source:: Bad Left Hook

What's the word? Leave your thoughts.